The Importance of Mulching
Mulching is very valuable to your tree’s health and care for a large variety of reasons.
- It helps regulate the climate of the soil around the tree so it doesn’t get too hot or too cold.
- It keeps in water so that the soil does not dry out so quickly.
- Roots need as much nutrients as possible, if weeds grew they would compete for food. Mulch keeps weeds out.
- Prevents damage from weedwackers and lawnmowers.
- Stops soil from compacting.
Mulch can be made from wood chips or bark pieces. It’s important that when you start adding mulch, you remove all other grass around the area of the tree as well as weeds or plants. The idea here is that you don’t want any other competing plants. The mulch should be poured 2-4 inches deep within the soil and it should not directly touch the trunk. The entire size of the area can be around 3-10 feet.
If your in need of mulch for your tree(s), feel free to call us today at +1 (828) 775-6210 . We provide service in and around Henderson County, NC.