Tips for Preventing Tree Disease
1) One of the most important, primary steps toward preventing tree disease is to have a tree care company remove any trees which are dead, or visibly dying. These are natural targets for disease and beyond saving.
2) Tree injections are something we specialize in. With a simple injection of the right formula (depending on your tree species – disease) we can help to ward off pests and heal your tree(s).
3) Spraying is another option. We do this in two steps. The first involves insecticides which target insects and the second is a fungicide which will go after common tree disease which can grow on bark, limbs or leaves.
4) Tree isolation is our next solution. Diseased trees should be isolated or quarantined from healthier trees as not to spread disease. This is because many trees can spread disease through their roots.
5) If your considering planting new trees in your residential or commercial property, you should speak with an arborist about tree species that may be resistant to common insects or tree disease that are local to your area. This is a great preventative measure.